SUNY MARITIME COLLEGE, BRONX, NY
Wearing: Free People Lace Strapless Maxi Dress, pureDKNY Leather Jacket,
Boutique 9 Oxfords, American Apparel Circle Scarf, DKNY shades

 Goodbyes are always hard to do. Especially when you're saying goodbye to someone you love and won't see them for another 90 days. Today I saw off my boyfriend before he shipped off for his merchant marine cruise for the summer. I usually never go more than five days without seeing him and am always in constant contact with him via phone/text. So I can already tell this is going to be a rough summer for the both of us, with contact being limited to email alone. But we've been through more than just distance and I believe we'll manage. From the ring on my left hand, to the anchor pendant dangling around my neck, I'll always have little constant reminders that he's with me.

This summer, I'm going to surround myself with good company, new experiences, and a healthier lifestyle. For one reason or another, I feel the need to surround myself with things to do- distractions, ultimately, to make the time go by faster. The downside of that is that it's summer and the one time of the year where I have room to relax. But for now... I know I need to focus on the rest of my final papers and projects since this is my last week as a college junior. Needless to say, I have 40+ pages to write for multiple classes and I have yet to actually start. 


Leave a Reply

Popular Posts